sábado, 18 de outubro de 2008

Quarter heading towards Midterms

Hi everyone!
Let me start by apologizing for not being able to post as many comments as I would like to... Especially in these past few days. But believe me, I've never felt so overwhelmed and at the same time powerless in my life: the classes, I can actually keep up rather well, but once we get the homework assignments... well this is a completely different story, one can say that I feel quite ignorant. But then again, I guess this is what learning is all about!

Anyhow, with regards to my courses, I might as well let you know that my final selection was: Random Processes, Statistical Learning and Fundamentals of Digital and Image Processing. I found it to be the more balanced choice amongst the plethora of interesting courses available for this Fall.

But as I was saying earlier, it's incredible the amount of homework one gets at this (graduate) level. I confess, that I was not expecting it. I guess in someway it's good because it keeps me up-to-date in my study and makes me really busy. I've hardly any time to be nostalgic or feel homesick. But no matter what I do, my days only last 24 hours, pretty much like everybody else's! I've delivered a couple of homework already, but every week we get new assignments. As such, there is no time to relax and enjoy the sunny weather. And I can assure you that these are not the type of small assignments that you can take for granted. A lot of effort is needed to complete each and everyone of them! However, I do need to rest as well... I think that, at a certain point in time, more hours of study are simply not beneficial. Actually, I believe that they can be counterproductive. Anyhow, midterms are just around the corner, and this is no time for relaxing!

People have been asking for pictures. Unfortunately I don't have a camera with me. I'm in the right place to buy one, but I lack the time to make a responsible choice. So for the moment, the best I can do is leave you with some photos of my ugly face, taken with my computer's camera. You can easily notice some degradation in my looks as days go by...






This last one was taken precisely while I'm writing this post, at home.

By the way, last friday I've made my first appearance over San Diego's roads. We had the 5K Chancelor's Challenge. This was an event destined to faculty members, staff and students. I joined as an ECE student, for the Jacobs School of Engineering (JSOE). With so little practice over the past few days, I did a reasonable time: 24m22s, for 5K. My bib number was 926. Finished in 223th place out of 1006 runners:

Cheers!

7 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

Halleluia, Halleluia

I agree: You do have a very ugly face, and we can really see the degradation in your look... You’re thinner than ever!!
I want to launch an appeal for all our American fellows: Please, don’t feed the models. Leave the food for José da Califórnia. God bless him, God bless you all and God bless America.

Ass.: 0005

Anónimo disse...

As desculpas são aceites. Mas que esta "absence" não se repita!

E, puto, faz favor de começar a participar em provas como membro do Club dos Veteranos do Parque da Cidade! É importante oficializar a nossa internacionalização. Tu sabes que o secretário vai trabalhar para Madrid. Vamos ter deslocações a Espanha pela certa.

Outra coisa: fiquei a pensar no post do nosso querido amigo JMM, Ass.0002 (ou 0004?)... já conseguiste levar o iraniano à Missa?

Il Principe

Unknown disse...

Olá, Zé Maria.

Fico contente por te teres adaptado com facilidade, apesar de saber que isso não seria um problema para ti!
Estás muito bem nas fotos!
Beijinhos,
Sónia

Anónimo disse...

O ZÉ CONTINUA LINDO...:)

Luís disse...

Vê lá se crias o hábito de, pelo menos uma vez por semana, escreveres qualquer coisa no teu BLOG. É que o pessoal fica preocupado. Bem vou anadndo que o nosso FCP vai jogar daqui 1H10m... Espero que o JF não invente muito.

Aquele Abraço,

Luís

Unknown disse...

Tanto stress com os TPC's...
Não há google aí?

Anónimo disse...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!