terça-feira, 5 de junho de 2012

Finally the Zoo

September 9, 2012 will be the 4th anniversary since I first set foot in San Diego. Almost 4 years ago (Sep/9/2008) as I was taking my last connection flight, from Philadelphia to San Diego if memory serves me well, I began to realize how much my life was about to change; just as I was getting closer to my new reality.
My memories from that last flight are crystal clear. I was sitting in the aisle, the middle seat was empty and there was a lady sitting by the window. To help pass the time, one of the things I did during was to open a letter that my sister had given me with specific instructions to "open in San Diego only!". I was nervous, need to distract my head, so I decided I was close enough to open the letter. So I did it! There was a picture of her and a few lines wishing me luck for this adventure. I guess this was all it took to break the ice. The lady sitting close to me noticed I was anxious and perhaps a bit scared and she engaged a conversation. In a few minutes I was telling her all about me; my sister (that she had just seen in the picture) and the rest of the family back home. I guess she immediately felt a midst of sympathy and sorry, and told me to drop by her place on Sundays. Her words, as I remember, were something like this: "my children usually come to the house on Sundays, and my grandchildren are always running up and down the house, one more person around won't be a problem. You'll have fun. Come!". 
And what does this has to do with the Zoo? You might ask...
Simple: the lady that was traveling by my side hold an important position at the San Diego Zoological Society. She gave me her business card (which I still have) and told me I should visit the Zoo. I told her I would do so. Just didn't thought it would take me so much time do it :) My parents and sister came to visit by the end of April and we went together to the Zoo on May 2nd, 2012.









Sem comentários: