sexta-feira, 12 de fevereiro de 2010

pillow fight!!!

This Friday, I was particularly distracted with my thoughts on a problem that I'm working on. I was walking down the library walk to have some lunch. You probably don't know the place, but there is always a lot of noise and people there. All the fraternities hand out flyers, people show up to either sell stuff, promote events or... sometimes we even have someone preaching :) Yeah, I'm not kidding, there's this guy that shows up, shouting how sinful we all are, and how we should re-think our way of life, etc, etc. Nobody gives him too much attention. But the man is persistent 'cause he keeps showing up!

Any event ... as I was walking deep in my thoughts and with all this background noise, I hear someone shouting: "PILLOW FIIIIIGHT!!!!" ... this served as a wake-up call for me, and I lift-up my head, and all of the sudden all hell broke loose. Kids with pillows in their hands, others reaching for their bag-packs where they had concealed their 'weapon'... everybody, but I mean everybody (!) started hitting each other with pillows. Ahahah... this was something else! Live and color, and in the very middle of the action. I sneaked out miraculously between pillows and was able to watch it all from a safe distance. Unfortunately I didn't had the camera with me, otherwise I would have taken some pictures or even a movie. The 'war' shouldn't have last more than a couple of minutes, but it was ... unexpected, to say the least!!
After more than one year living here, and I still get surprises like this one...


You don't believe me? Then have a look at the final part of the 'fight'. Someone other than myself actually posted a video on youtube. At this time I was already at a safe distance :)


However this seems to be some sort of recurrent event. Digging a little bit more, I was able to find the 2007 edition!

1 comentário:

João Pedro disse...

Afinal nas distintas universidades norte-americanas, centros de sabedoria e vanguarda científica, há comportamentos de creche infantil. Devias era fazer como o piedoso estudante e pedir aos céus que perdoassem os autores das horríveis cenas na biblioteca.